So, I realized that I never full introduced myself or let you get to know me so let’s get personal
1. Born and raised in NY! NYC is my hometown and the best city ever!!
2. I love coffee! Can not start my morning without it! My favorite brews are Intelligentsia, Dunkin Donuts, and WaWa
3.My hair color is au natural! Never been dyed or highlighted!
4. My favorite colors are purple,blue, and hunter green!
5. Never broke a bone or had surgery. Hope it stays that way because I dislike being in hospitals.
6. When growing up I only took the subway and buses and didn’t drive a car.
7. Living down south has meant I have driven the most I ever have in my life: no buses and trains here:(
8. My younger sister and I share a birth month and our birth dates are 12 days apart
9. My favorite ice cream flavor is mint chocolate chip
10. My favorite movies are Wedding Crashers, My Cousin Vinny, Sweet Home Alabama, Sense and Sensibility, and White Chicks
11. I enjoy a beer over wine any day
12. When I was younger my celebrity crushes were Jake Gyllenhaal and Orlando Bloom
13. Never owned a dog or cat. If I do get a dog I would pick a beagle
14.I am dreadful at math so never ask me to compute anything or balance your checkbook. I’m lucky that I can keep my s*** together.
15.My favorite snacks are Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. If I’m in the mood for something salty then I eat Plantain Chips: They are so yummy!
16. The Walking Dead and The Big Bang Theory are my favorite shows on TV
17.I swear I have ADHD because my thoughts and focus are constantly moving a mile a minute, from one thing to the next. This means things get half finished but it is a work in progress.
18.My favorite season is fall. I love the crisp air and when the leaves change color.
19. I grew up listening to the music of Bruce Springsteen and have seen him in concert twice!
20. My first concert was a 2003 Bruce Springsteen concert at Giant’s Stadium! The best first concert ever! It poured during the concert and he kept on playing!
21. Handbag addict! My favorite purse designers are Kate Spade, Patricia Nash, and Dooney and Bourke! Dooney and Bourke All Weather Leather bags are my absolute favorite! I could spend all my money on handbags: it’s a problem.
22. Book Nerd! I will devour anything with words except Sci-Fci and Fantasy. Basically I can be seen with a book in hand or my Kindle in tow since the day I began reading! If I could make a living off of writing book reviews or editing books I totally would!
23. I was a competitive swimmer for 10 years and loved it! Now I do it for fun and enjoy teaching others how to swim. Swimming is such an important skill to learn even if you never become competitive.
24. The beach is one of my favorite places to go on vacation and to relax! Swimming in the ocean is so relaxing and destressing for me!
25. One of my bucket list goals is to visit all states on the East Coast. Only four left go! Woo Hoo:)
26. My family has been vacationing at the same campground in Montauk, NY for the past 17 years! We loved every second of it and it is my favorite home. There have been so many firsts that have happened there!
27. Birkenstocks and Chacos are the bomb! I could wear those shoes all day everyday! The gizahs are my favorite style Birks.
28.I grew up without a microwave and TV dinners. Some people find that weird but it is the norm for my family!
29. I hate cooked spinach 😦 The texture weirds me out!
30. Always trying new baking recipes. My best is oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and pumpkin bread
31. Hardly wear earrings or jewelry
32. I make a mean guacamole and bread bowls
33. I have numerous stories about taking public transit in NYC whether its funny or interesting something always happened to me! I swear I can write a book with all of the stories!
34. Every time my family does something or goes on a trip there is a story good, bad, funny, or sad that will accompany it. My family has a knack for getting into interesting situations.
35. My favorite foods are Italian Stew, a good slice of NY pizza (Denino’s is the best ever!), and Pumpkin Ravioli
36. My singing voice is horrendous and I’m the least musically inclined person I know
37. You will never see me on the dance floor at parties
38. Still have not figured this whole blogging thing out and started it after multiple failed attempts and because it was on my bucket list
39. I enjoy writing and have kept a journal since elementary school
40. I hate that people assume I like the color pink or girly things just because I am a woman
41. My favorite lipstick is Bobbi Brown’s Blue Raspberry
42. I am directionally challenged and even have trouble following the GPS
43. My memory is fantastic and better than most people’s I know. Sometimes my memory is too good because I wish there were some events I could forget.
44. Instead of memorizing street or highway names for directions I use landmarks, houses, stores, landscape etc. to remember routes. So never ask me for directions because they would sound something like this: Turn left by the large tree with green leaves, and go straight until you pass the red brick house, then make a left : you get the picture
45. I am a control freak but the most indecisive person when it come to making decisions about things. It’s totally ironic
46. Big goodbyes are the hardest thing for me to do so I’d rather just up and leave without saying a word. Sometimes instead of goodbye I say see you soon
47. Helping people is one of my greatest passions and I love volunteering
48. Never watch the news. Every time I used to watch it there were hardly any uplifting stories or it was just pointless segments so I stopped all together
49. I have volunteered at the NYC marathon for three years and loved it! One of the funnest things I have done!
50. I’m not perfect and a work in progress .. duh! I have a habit of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time, putting my foot in my mouth, providing comic relief, or just rambling if I get passionate about a topic. Also, I make mistakes which is ok because everyone does.